- 500 gm of Lamb mince 500
- 2 kg of Sweet potatoes
- 200 gm Ricotta
- 500 gm Spinach
- 2 medium Brown onions finely diced
- 25 gm of minced garlic, finely diced
- 25 gm of moroccan spice
- 10 gm Cumin
- 10 gm Smoked paprika
- 50 gm Tomato Paste
- 750 mil Napoli Tomato Sause
- Tortilla sheets (Spinach or Tomato)
- 400 gm Grated Mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
1. Cut Sweet potatoes into about 1 inch rings. Bake in the oven in a 180 for about 30 minutes or until soft.
2. Saute spinach in butter with a dash of salt.
3. For cooking the mince:
– Fry onion and garlic until soft;
– Add dry spices and tomato paste- Add mince and fry for 5 minutes
– Add 2 cups of water
– Gently simmer for 30 minutes until sauce thickens
– Add 1 tbs of sugar and 1 tsp of salt
In a 30 cm spring form tin lined with grease proof paper
- Place 1 tortilla sheet on the bottom
- Place Sweet Potato rounds
- Add 1/3 of the Napoli sauce
- Add 1/3 of mozzarella
- Top with 1 sheet of tortilla
- Spread mince on top
- Add 100 gm of mozzarella
- Place 1 tortilla sheet
- Add spinach and ricotta
- Add 1 sheet of tortilla
- Add another layer of sweet potato
- Spread 1/3 of the Napoli sauce
- Add mozzarella cheese
- Lay another tortilla sheet
- Top with 1/3 of Napoli sauce and remaining mozzarella
Bake for 45 minutes in 170 degree oven.
Let us know if you tried to cook it!
Recipe by Bottega chef, Jamie Galloway.